Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Surprise! Only idiots get injured playing Wii

This thread in the forums at SomethingAwful really put a smile on my face. Mainly because I've said the same thing myself more than once.

The fact of the matter is that the whole "Wii-damage-and-injury"-affair is retarded and exaggerated to the extreme. Nobody in their right mind plays their Wii in such a violent fashion that there is any real risk of people or property getting damaged.

And the people suing Nintendo for damages claiming that they only played the console as instructed by the accompanying users manual are full of it. Please tell me where in the documentation supplied with the Nintendo Wii it says that you should play like a total spazz? And specifically, where does it say that you should let go of the Wiimote? Or throw it as hard as you possibly can towards your TV? Morons.

You see, if you don't do any of the above things you, everyone around you and your belongings will be totally fine, I assure you.

Plus, I'm 100% sure that most of the reported damages are fake, especially those regarding broken TVs. I mean, come on, do you know how HARD you have to throw something to even make a dent in some TVs, let alone break through the glass and plant the Wiimote there (like I've seen pictures of)? It's virtually impossible. People are breaking their stuff just to be part of some retarded trend. "Dude, my playing style is so crazy I broke my TV!" Fuck you, you retarded fuck. I don't buy that bullshit at all.

No comments: